Monday, October 6, 2014
It is my personal view that the English language has most of it’s origin from the Scandinavian languages, that is old Germanic.
I’m not a professor, but language always fascinated me. If you are talented it can give you a satisfaction to study similarities between languages. Sanskrit is a small language today in India. To translate Russian spelling with the right phonetics into English language is not possible in every case.
If there were more time I would have tried to write also Greek, Hebrew and Latin in this column. According to the Bible, human beings have populated the earth for almost 6000 years now. Do all languages today have their roots from the Noah family? In Israel this year is 5775 after God created Adam. This means that there is now 225 years left till year 6000. Remember: It’s in the power of God to create the earth ”as if” it had existed millions of years. Try to deny that. No intelligens on earth can deny it. Jesus is the Son of God, praise God the Father of everybody and everything.
The little job I have done here has taken a few hours with the help of Internet. 20-30 years ago this work would have taken days in a library.
Be aware: this is not a scientific 100% valid language work. My ambition has just been to entertain and create interest. There are for sure some faulties, letters missing, wrong letters, wrong grammar, misunderstanding on my behalf etc. But my faith in Jesus as the Son of God is 100% for sure.
Information from the Internet has been provided by:
Swedish English German Sanskrit Russian
- Gud God Gott Bhagavat Bog
- fader father Vater pitr otets
- moder mother Mutter matr mat
- son son Sohn suna syn
- dotter daughter Tochter duhitr dotch
- broder brother Bruder bhratr brat
- syster sister Schwester sodary sestra
- familj family Familie zambala semjia
- hus house Haus vasati dom
- liv life Leben ivita schisn
- hjärta heart Herz hrdaya serdste
- mat food Essen bhojana eda
- fisk fish Fisch matsya ryba
- ris rice Reis vrihi-s risa
- ljus light Licht dIpika svet
- guld gold Gold paraj soloto
- kyss kiss Küss cumba potseluy
- mun mouth Mund mukha rot
- samlag intercourse Koitus sambhoga snoshenia
- kyckling chicken Huhn kukkutazavaka kuritsa
- vatten water Wasser paniya voda
- fot foot Fuss pada nogi
- gata/väg road Weg patha doroga
- hand hand Hand hasta ruka
- arm arm Arm bahu ruka
- salt salt Salz lavana sol
- träd tree Baum taru derevo